Cathy has been a full time Realtor with CENTURY 21 Access America since May of 1999. She has successfully participated in hundreds of real estate transactions including Single & Multi family homes, Fine Homes & Estates, Waterfront, 2nd Homes, Vacation Homes, Investment properties, 203k Rehabs, Land Sales & Development, 1031 Tax Exchange Properties, Commercial Office Buildings, Condo Conversion Projects, Relocation Sales and Purchases and Foreclosures and Short sales.
Since 2000, she has achieved Award Winning Status within the International CENTURY 21 Real Estate Company. Being awarded the Centurion Award in 2003 has been one of her outstanding achievements along with earning the #1 Realtor in Newport County for total units sold in that year (69 sales) and the #1 in RI for CENTURY 21. Currently ranking # 1 in sales for CENTURY 21 in Newport County and in 2012 received the Quality Service Award as a result of the surveys the sellers and buyers she represented in 2011, filled out. This is the most important achievement she feels she has earned to date.
Experience is one of the keys to a successful Realtor, combined with continuing education and participating in National Conventions as well as local Real Estate functions. Cathy’s reputation and interaction with her peers and the local community add to her profession and her success.
Classes in Marketing, Fine Homes & Estates, Financing, Qualifying Buyers, 1031 Tax Exchange, Commercial Real Estate Practice, Zoning, Historical Homes, Agency, Ethics, Lead Paint, Real Estate Developing & more contribute to our ever changing real estate world. Most recently, a foreclosure and short sale class has given Cathy the tools to handle distressed properties. Attending the CENTURY 21 International Conventions for in the past 9 years, as well attending Top Agent Retreats, has broadened Cathy’s horizons and help sharpen her skills.
As a native Rhode Islander, Cathy knows this small state well. Being surrounded by the ocean, she enjoys showing off all of our waterfront communities. She purchased her first home at 20, and several others along the way, plus purchasing investment property, she understands the ever-changing dynamics that selling and buying real estate in RI encompasses. Cathy’s dedication and professionalism to her business and clients has made her a successful member of CENTURY 21 Access America and continues to bring her many wonderful and memorable experiences.
Cathy’s contacts of professionals and affiliates needed to assist in the process ensures as smooth a transition as possible… and at any time now or in the future Cathy is easily contacted as a follow-up with any questions or concern.
Cathy’s Awards and Honors include:
- Volunteered with fellow Realtors in rebuilding and renovating homes in Newport County every April
- Member of the Development Outreach Committee for Boys and Girls Town of RI
- Volunteer parent for Portsmouth Youth Soccer Association
- Past Secretary of the Newport Green Condo Board of Directors
- Past CCD teacher at St. Barnabas Church in Portsmouth, RI
- Treasurer and a founding member of Island Investment, an investment group for woman
- A love of reading resulted in forming a neighborhood woman’s book club with her friends in 1999 and is still going strong today
- Graduated from Providence College with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
- Previously employed for over 15 years at McKone, Morris & Co, CPA
- Native Rhode Islander, and has lived in Newport County since 1978
- Certified Relocation Agent for CENTURY 21 Relocation of Rhode Island. Cartus & Affinity Certified
- Nationally, Regionally and State Award Winning Agent year after year
- Licensed in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- NCBR-Past Member of the NCBR Election Committee, Past Chair of the NCBR Broker Tour
- ABR-Accredited Buyers Agent
- SRES-Senior Real Estate Specialist
- SFR-Short Sale and Foreclosure Designation
- NAR GREEN
- CHMS-Certified Homes Marketing Specialist
- CLHMS-Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist
- Million Dollar Guild
A personal note from Cathy:
“My goal is to provide as much information as I can to my clients to help them make the best decisions they can and to find out the additional information needed along the way. No matter how long it takes for a buyer to find just the right property to call home, or a seller to hand over the keys to the new owner… my job is to be there every step of the way.
Service not sales is the key.“